Saturday, March 28, 2009

A legal defense fund

So, my step dad is irate about the situation. My daughter's "F" has been threatening to take her away from me since before she was born. Now $220,000 and 8 years later it looks like he will succeed. We are convinced it is a money issue. My daughter's "f" has two attorneys working to ensure this for him. In the last six months their filings with the court are over 7 inches thick of paperwork. I did not have the emotional stamina to open the envelopes let alone read the volumes of legal documentation. I do not have an attorney because I cannot afford one. I spent my retirement savings when my bijou was born defending our rights in court. But now we live month to month, trying to keep from filing for bankruptcy. I want to find a way to connect with other single moms who understand the strain of a long term fight with their child's other parent. Out side of the emotional support, I also need financial support. My step dad has opened a bank account for a legal defense fund. I will forward all my attorney fees to him and he will manage the payment for my legal fees from that account. Has anyone had success with this in the past?

No comments:

Post a Comment