Saturday, April 11, 2009

Stand and face the problem -

I want to stand strong and face my problems.

My little one is so inspiring. To her, there is not such thing as impossible. For her, there must be a way... I LOVE That kid!

My little one and I went to France as a part of a study abroad program. As a full time student, I had little money. I spent most spare moments and many, many late nights, finishing scholarship applications, writing essays, making arrangements, and researching places to live. While it is not common for single mothers of color to return to school it is almost unheard of for a single mom to take their child around the world for an international education. But we did it. It was hard, but we survived it. That determination is what i now see in my little one.

I realized I set an example for my little one on a daily basis. I want to handle it the best way I know how. And that means NOT handling it alone.

If you think you can help, i would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment